National Day of Action
On May 30th, Family Equality Council, PFLAG National, and families across the country like yours will meet with their Senators and Representatives to ask them to support opening homes for all of America's foster youth.
Join us for the nation's biggest Lobby Day for LGBT families. RSVP now to learn how to schedule a meeting with your legislator.
How it Works
You can participate in day of action in your local community by scheduling meetings in own district, wherever you live. On this day, we are leading a coordinate effort nation-wide where families and friends will speak to their federal reps about the importance of ECDF. Your participation in our coordinated effort will help create national attention for this issue.
How to Prepare
- Mark your calendar for Day of Action, May 30
- Join the training - Family Equality Council is hosting an online training on Tuesday, May 21st at 1pm ET to how to schedule meetings with your reps, what to say, what to bring, and how to follow-up. Miss the webinar? Watch the video below!
- Schedule your meeting(s).
- Read the facts (and check out the bill if you want).
- Check out the current cosponsors to see if your Senator Representative is on the bill.
There are 104,000 young people in the U.S. foster care system waiting for forever homes. And while there are thousands upon thousands of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people all over the country who are ready and able to open their hearts and provide forever homes, states continue to close doors to these families. Without the Every Child Deserves a Family Act, these parents and young people may never have the chance to find each other. We can change this.
Help us solve America’s foster care crisis. Join hundreds of others on May 30th for a day of action on the Every Child Deserves A Family Act.