Equality Council is excited to co-sponsor this year’s Pride and
Joy Families Weekend Conference, April 24-26, in Utica, NY.
Pride and Joy Families is the social arm of the Lesbian and
Gay Family Building Project, which helps LGBTQ families in
Upstate New York build and strengthen their families. Check out the
message from conference organizers below!
Registration is now open for the 2009 Pride
and Joy Families Weekend Conference to be held April 24-26
in Utica, NY. The Conference will bring together
lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender/queer (LGBTQ) parents, their
children and aspiring parents for three days of learning and
socializing at the newly-renovated Radisson Hotel-Utica Centre.
Online registration is available at http://www.prideandjoyconference.org/.
Early bird rates apply until March
Highlights of the Conference include
- Keynote address, “LGBT Families: Still Moving Forward,” by
Jennifer Chrisler, Executive Director of Family Equality
- Special Guest Speaker, Dr. Charlotte Patterson, premier
researcher on the welfare of kids in LGBT families;
- 15 educational workshops for LGBT parents and prospective
- A teen panel in which kids with LGBT parents speak out;
- COLAGE programs for grades 3-5 and 6-12;
- Childcare (ages 6 mos. to 7 years);
- A Resource/Vendor Fair;
- Family activities and entertainment.
Reserve your family’s spot today and we’ll see you there!