This weekend, our families convened on Capitol Hill to speak for the one million LGBT families in the United States. It was a huge success! Families from 10 states and the District of Columbia took part in over 80 Capitol Hill meetings that kicked off Family Weekend in Washington.
Together with friends and families, we highlighted for lawmakers the top priorities and legislative opportunities impacting LGBT families including the Every Child Deserves A Family Act, Respect For Marriage Act, Safe Schools Improvement Act, Student Non-Discrimination Act, and several other pieces of important legislation.
Here are some highlights from the Weekend:
– Delivered over 1,200 thank you signatures to the White House
– Over 80 meetings with congressional offices
– 9 face to face meetings with Senators and Congressional Members
– National Coverage on NPR
– National Coverage on CNN
– Local Coverage on ABC & Fox
– Four new potential co-sponsors for our signiture bill The Every Child Deserves A Family Act
Take a look at the pictures from the weekend: