Two dads and their four children have dealt with months of harassment in their hometown of Gilbert, Arizona. Let’s do something awesome for them.
Felix Bermea, his partner Roy, and their four children have been mercilessly harassed for almost three months.
It started with grafitti, then escalated to setting their bushes on fire and banging on the windows at night. Then the unthinkable happened: someone broke into their home and vandalized the children’s furniture.
The past few months have been a nightmare for the Bermeas – the harassment, the late night calls to the police, the aftermath, and the increased media attention have all made this time a less-than-ideal summer vacation.
We can do something about this – raise enough money to send the entire family to Family Week in Provincetown, MA.
Family Week will be a safe, affirming environment for the Bermea family to get away from their troubles briefly and spend some quality time with families just like theirs.
Nobody should have to deal with what this family has gone through, and it’s time we did something to make it just a little bit better.
Here’s what we need:
- Roundtrip airfare for six people
- Housing accomodations
- Food for the week
- Traveling expenses
- Supplies for a traveling family of six
- Roundtrip Ferry tickets
- Ground transportation
What impact this will have:
Visiting Family Week will make a huge difference in the lives of these children. Family Week is a unique opportunity for the children with parents who are LGBT:
- For a change, the Bermea Family will be celebrated at Family Week, just for who they are.
- They’ll participate in workshops, family activities, campfires, picnics, movie nights – all with families just like theirs.
- We’ll throw them, and all of us, a parade through the center of town.
For 30 years, Family Equality Council has been connecting, supporting, and representing families just like Felix and Roy’s. Help us do this wonderful thing for them!
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Help us get the word out and make some noise about this campaign. The more people who can help them the better!
- Use the share tools!
Thanks for all of your help. We can make this happen for the Bermea Family together!