What is Open Door?
The Open Door Professional Training Program consists of three modules:
- Beyond Diversity: LGBTQ 101
- Creating an Inclusive Practice
- Trans Fertility Considerations
Each module takes between 90 and 180 minutes to complete. The modules are self-guided and can be completed in one sitting or spread out over a schedule that works for you. Each module is available for purchase by individuals or entire teams, with discounts available for students and non-profits.
Who is Open Door for?
Open Door was created for family-building clinicians including fertility clinic and surrogacy center staff, family law practitioners, pharmacists, pediatricians, holistic health providers (acupuncturists, chiropractors, naturopaths), social workers, midwives, and doulas. The modules can be utilized by individual practitioners or entire teams.
Looking for an Open Door provider?
The Open Door Professional Training Program is designed to ensure family-building providers are prepared to care for the LGBTQ community with sensitivity and excellence.
Contact our Open Door team at email@example.com
Want to learn more?
Watch our short introduction video:
Open Door Training Disclosures
Family Equality is pleased to provide training to professionals employed in a variety of fields.
Our trainings are meant to help professionals engage the LGBTQ+ community with competence and sensitivity, especially with regard to language, marketing, resource allocation, and similar aspects of patient care and/or employee recruitment and retention.
We applaud businesses and professionals on their ongoing commitment to LGBTQ+ competency and for engaging in our trainings.
Family Equality does not endorse any professional or business over another, and cannot guarantee a positive experience with every professional who has participated in a Family Equality training program.
At the time they receive our training, each professional is required to affirm the following:
- They and their company are in good standing with all state and federal regulators and licensing divisions, where applicable.
- They do not have any state or federal felony convictions or current state or federal felony investigations that are ongoing against them or their company.
- Their professional license(s) are current and in good standing and that they currently carry malpractice insurance, if applicable.