COLAGE unites people with one or more lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and/or asexual (LGBTQIA+) parent/caregiver into a network of peers and supports them as they nurture and empower each other to be skilled, self-confident, and just leaders in our collective communities.
COLAGE Youth and Adult Leadership Track
The COLAGE Youth and Adult Leadership Track is a pathway to support leadership development for all people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver (COLAGErs).
Starting is simple! Follow this track (below) and with each level, new roles and responsibilities will become available. To begin, just attend a COLAGE program.
Interested? For more details and to enter the Youth and Adult Leadership Track, participants must complete this entry form. For questions e-mail Kaley Fry, Director of COLAGE Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1: Attend COLAGE programming
The first step in the Youth Leadership Track is to get involved with and attend our programs. Watch our COLAGE 101 video to understand who we are, what we are about, and what we do. You can find out about events in your area by joining our mailing list here. Follow us on Facebook for regular updates, news, and events!
#2: Youth Action Board and Facilitators in Training
- Youth Action Board: Shape the future of COLAGE with your thoughts and ideas! The COLAGE Youth Action Board welcomes all voices of COLAGErs (people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver) 13-21. Apply here.
- Facilitator in Training: A training program for COLAGErs (people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver) ages 17-20 to prepare them to facilitate workshops with COLAGE in their community or at Family Week. The two-tier FIT program is an opportunity to gain new skills in leadership, mentoring, and group facilitation.
#3: COLAGE Ambassador, COLAGE Internship, and COLAGE Program Facilitator
- COLAGE Ambassador: A multi-faceted program for dedicated volunteers who want to support COLAGE and the community on an as-needed basis throughout the year. If you would like to join a current Ambassador team please email email@example.com. Ambassador teams made up of COLAGErs (people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver) currently include the:
- Care Team whose compassionate members answer every COLAGE direct service request via email with resources and support,
- Research Review Committee who reviews and approves or denies every research request that is sent to COLAGE,
- General Ambassadors who table for COLAGE when needed, talk on panels or at an event as a representation for COLAGE or march in Prides on behalf of COLAGE, and
- Family Week Advisory Council who interview Family Week volunteer staff and finalize the COLAGE staff team, training schedule and overall COLAGE Family Week schedule with the Youth Action Board.
- COLAGE Internships: Paid internships and internships for college credit in the areas of programming and communications are available for 18+ COLAGErs (people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver) on a yearly basis. If you would like to know more or need to complete an internship for school credit please contact Kaley Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about upcoming opportunities.
- COLAGE Program Facilitator: For COLAGErs (people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver) ages 20+. Facilitators work together to provide social, educational, and community building activities for youth ages 7+ at COLAGE national programs and at Family Week. Email Kaley Fry at email@example.com to learn more.
#4: Year-Long Fellowship and Contract Position
- Year-long Fellowships: Paid fellowships for COLAGErs (people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver) in the areas of programming and communications are available on a yearly basis. If you would like to know more or need please contact Kaley Fry at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about upcoming opportunities.
- COLAGE Contracted Positions: Available for COLAGErs (people with one or more LGBTQIA+ parent or caregiver) 18+ who are leaders in the COLAGE community. Contracts are based on an as-needed basis and are often programming-specific.
#5: COLAGE Staff
As COLAGE expands across the United States, we strive to stay true to our guiding principle of creating an organization by and for people in LGBTQ+ families. When searching for individuals to add to our team, we will prioritize people with LGBTQ+ families who have participated at any level of our Youth Leadership Track and proven themselves to be outstanding leaders within our COLAGE community.