COLAGE is dedicated to supporting and uplifting the voices of youth and adult children with one or more LGBTQ+ parent/caregiver.
Here are some resources created or edited by donor-conceived people in LGBTQ+ families for you to review as you consider donor conception for your family:
Guidebooks & Resource Pages
- Donor Insemination Guide (2010)
The first guide written in 2010 by and for people who have were conceived via donor insemination and have one or more LGBTQ+ parent/caregiver. This original guide is full of stories, advice, resources, and a voice to validate and relate to donor-conceived people. The content in this guide reflects the language used in 2010 and outdated COLAGE contact information. We are hard at work updating the guide so please look out for updates to come in 2020.
Blog Posts & Articles
- LISTEN: “Donor Conceived COLAGErs”
- LISTEN: “Why Second-Parent Adoption”
- LISTEN: “Outnumbered at Home”
- LISTEN: “Changed by Family Week”
- READ: Spawning Generations by Sadie Epstein-Fine and Makeda Zook (2018)
- READ: Raised by Unicorns: Stories from People with LGBTQ+ Parents by Frank Lowe (2018)
Additional resources for LGBTQ+ families
- The Rainbow Letters
- The Queerspawn Resource Project, which provides education about people with one or more LGBTQ+ parents/guardians identities, histories, and needs, broadening communal and organizational support for COLAGErs, and increasing access to resources that validate their experiences—particularly those that are often misunderstood, dismissed or silenced. The Queerspawn Resource Project works to construct more spaces where people with LGBTQIA+ parents/caregivers and their perspectives are welcomed and valued.
- Further Resources: http://queerspawnresource.org/resources-3/
- Living Language: http://queerspawnresource.org/portfolio/living-language/
- Anthologies: https://queerspawnresource.org/portfolio/anthologies-and-books-with-multiple-voices