COLAGE is a program of Family Equality dedicated to supporting and uplifting the voices of youth and adult children with one or more LGBTQ+ parent/caregiver—also known as COLAGErs or Queerspawn. To learn more about COLAGE, click here.
Here are some resources created for people with a transgender parent (PTP) that you can review as you search for resources for people with Transgender Parents and Families.
Note: Some of the material listed here is being updated so that the language and contacts mentioned reflect shifts in COLAGE and society at large. Stay tuned for 2020 updates!
Guidebooks & Resource Pages
- People with Transgender Parents Guidebook
- Trans Family Building Resources
- “Protecting the Rights of Transgender Parents and Their Children: A Guide for Parents and Lawyers” (2013 Guide from the ACLU)
- Resource List for Gender Nonconforming and Transgender Children (from Mombian)
- Additional Guides and Resources from the National Center for Trans Equality
Blog Posts & Articles
- “My Parent is Transgender…Now What?”
- “My Father Jillian”
- “When a Parent Transitions, a Teen Shares her Story”
- WATCH: People with Transgender Parents
- LISTEN: “People with Trans Parents” (2019)
- WATCH: From This Day Forward (2016)
- READ: “My New Daddy” and “My New Mommy”
- Private Facebook Group for People with Transgender Parents (13+)
Email Colage@FamilyEquality.org for access.
- Transgender Parents
- Trans Parents Day
Additional Resources for LGBTQ+ Families
The Queerspawn Resource Project provides education about queerspawn (people with one or more LGBTQ+ parents/guardians) identities, histories, and needs, broadening communal and organizational support for queerspawn, and increasing access to resources that validate queerspawn experiences —particularly those that are often misunderstood, dismissed, or silenced. The Queerspawn Resource Project works to construct more spaces where queerspawn and their perspectives are welcomed and valued.